Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My First Review!

I was lucky enough to be sent these amazing polishes by Diamond Cosmetics to review, and with this, my 1st EVER official product review. I am going to swatch these in 2 parts, hoping that there will be a little sunlight for the pinks...(which, by the way, are gorgeous in the bottle). Please enjoy the first of a two-part review of Diamond Cosmetics' Spring 2010 Collection:


First up: #349 Serendipity:

The first color I swatched was an amazing blue-grey shimmer, unlike anything I own. Nearly periwinkle, but more grey, this polish applied like all DC polishes. A bit streaky for the first coat, but the 2nd coat melted in to the first, making for great coverage and color. I didn't have any trouble with brush strokes, as can often happen with shimmers. Great color!


Next up: #352 Tranquility:

Just to let you know, this is ONE coat, yes, one...for me? The perfect polish. I couldn't believe the texture of this one, creamy, beautiful and what I want from all my polishes. This photo was taken with what little natural light we had, and is very true to life.




And lastly: #351 Orange Blush:

My first thought was, "well, this is pretty"....I guess this is my least favorite so far. Not because of the color, (very Sunday brunch-ish, yes) but this jelly is very difficult to apply. Seen here in 3 coats, and probably could have used 4. There is still VNL and this texture is very thick. Probably not one I could see wearing again.....sorry.



Stay tuned for part two!

Be Polished!

~Tiffani


*The above swatches were applied using DC Super Base and DC Super Dry Top Coat, which I purchased.

* The Spring Collection was sent to me by Diamond Cosmetics in return for an honest review.


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first review! Tranquility looks like a really pretty summer color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first review!! I think Serendipity is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful swatches! Serendipity and Tranquility are my favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgahh, Tranquility is such a gorgeous shade! I think I may be headed over to Diamond Cosmetics. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats for your first review!!.
    How pretty they are!! Serendipity it's my fave so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look really pretty, and congrads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, congrats on the first review! Serendipity is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone! I hope to get the next three out soon!

    ReplyDelete